Erich McElroy and Friends ‘celebrate’ the 4th of July on THE 2ND of JULY
2 Northdown Street, London N1 9BG
Join comedian and pundit, Erich McElroy, and a brilliant trio of US talent – Rich Hall, Dave Fulton and broadcaster Katie Puckrik – for a night of comedy, debate and chat about the State of the Union.
“The 4th of July is a celebration of America declaring its independence, of course, but in practical terms it’s a chance to have too much to drink and blow things up. The drinking we learned from our British founders, the blowing up we figured all on our own,” says McElroy.
“This year, it’s the first independence celebration under President Trump. Trump’s had about six months to ‘Make America Great Again’ – join us as we figure out if he’s done it!”
More information on Erich and his guests:
Erich has been in demand as a comedian and as a pundit, and has written for The Independent, The Herald, The Huffington Post and Saga. Erich’s broadcasting credits include BBC News, BBC Breakfast, Good Morning Britain, Newsnight, BBC Radio 5 live, TalkRadio, Sky Sunrise, Murnaghan, STV and SomeNews Live on Fubar Radio.
‘Smart, sharp, endearing comic’
Rich Hall, the grouchy, deadpan, comic genius quit his job as a hurricane namer for the United States Meteorological Service eighteen years ago and has never looked back. Since then he has won an Emmy for writing on The David Letterman Show, won the Perrier Award (the comedy equivalent to a Oscar) with his excellent character Otis Lee Crenshaw, and won the Edinburgh Critics Award twice! Looking like a Pearl Jam roadie, Rich is a master of absurdist irony while eschewing the human condition. He particularly likes to lay it on Americans and life across the Pond at every opportunity. The world is a donkey ride to hell and Rich is your tour guide. Rich is well known in the States for his numerous appearances on The Letterman Show and Saturday Night Live. In the UK, Rich has appeared on Have I Got News For You, Jack Dee’s Sunday Service, and a host of other shows.
‘Belly laughs and aching sides…..whimsical and splenetic. The man is and extempore powerhouse.’
Katie Puckrik is a broadcaster, writer, and performer – and with the success of her YouTube channel and blog, Katie Puckrik Smells, a globally renowned authority on perfume. On TV she’s best known for The Word, The Sunday Show, and Pyjama Party,and is a presenter and contributor across BBC Radio 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 Music! She began her career as a singer and dancer, and has performed with Pet Shop Boys, Michael Clark Company, DV8 Physical Theatre, and Sparks. She writes for the Guardian and the Sunday Times, among others. Reviewers called her memoir, Shooting From the Lip, ‘Gonzette journalism…an ammunition-packed bad girl’s guide to life.’
Whoever it was who decided that Americans don’t have any sense of irony, they forgot to tell Dave Fulton. This wry Seattle wag is positively brimming over with ironic invective. He even fronted an amusing and perceptive report – for Newsnight, no less – begging Brits to celebrate their own heritage, rather than aping American pop culture. He’s been seen on the BBC series The Stand Up Show, and The Comedy Store series where he took the roof off the prestigious club with his highly inventive perspective on life.
‘Whiplash delivery and relentless pace’
Venue: 2 Northdown Street, London N1 9BG (nearest tube: King’s Cross)
Venue website: http://www.2northdown.com/
Ticket link: https://www.tickettext.co.uk/erich-mcelroy/erich-mcelroys-us-indepedence-celebration-02072017/
Tel: 020 8549 9790
Date: Sunday 2nd July
Time: 8pm (Doors 7.00pm)
Duration: 150 minutes
Entry: £13 plus booking fee, or £15 on the doorAll proceeds go to Velindre Cancer Centre in Wales.
Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter is Textual Healing PR
2. Employees of Textual Healing PR and The Sweet London Life or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are stated above
5. Closing date for entry will be Wednesday 28th June 2017 . After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows: Two tickets to see Erich McElroy and Friend’s Celebrate the 4th of July on 2nd July at 2Northdown on 2nd July.
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
10. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
11. Winners will be chosen by an independent adjudicator or panel of judges appointed by the Sweet London Life.
12. The winner will be notified by social media within 48 hours of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
13. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
14. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
17. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
18. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the promotor email@example.com
19. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
20. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to The Sweet London Life and not to any other party.